Thank you for considering Eagles Properties in your search for a rental home. All completed applications are processed in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law.
We apply standardized and consistent guidelines for all applicants with the goal of matching qualified tenants desiring a home in the Goldsboro/Winston and surrounding areas.
An application is not considered complete until all required documents have been submitted. If one applicant applies, but not the other people (over the age of 18) living in the house, that application is incomplete until all within the group have been received. This means all required attached paperwork; identification must be received
Applicant MUST schedule and view the home prior to applying.
Please refer to the following policies available on our website before completing this application:
General Application Guidelines
- All persons that are 18 years or older, or emancipated minors, must each complete and sign a separate rental application.
- Each applicant must submit a $50 non-refundable application fee before we will begin the verification process.
- Applications are reviewed on a first-come / first-served basis. However, if more than one application is received in the same general time frame, they will be reviewed together, and approval will be based on the best-qualified applicant.
- We will obtain credit history and background check for each applicant.
- We will verify income and employment documentation for each applicant. Please provide your three most recent pay stubs. If you are self-employed, you may provide your prior-year tax return, including 1040 and Schedule C.
- Pets: We do have specific pet restrictions. We use a third-party vendor for our animal applications and verifications. CLICK FOR PET APPLICATION
- There is a $200 non-refundable pet fee for the 1st pet, $100 for each additional pet as allowed by property.
- We will verify rental history or home ownership for the last two years for each applicant.
- Applicants must have verifiable income. Our formula for approval is as follows: Monthly Income BEFORE taxes x 30% = what you qualify.
- Renter’s insurance is a requirement with a minimum of 100,000 and must remain in effect during the entire tenancy. If your lease allows pets, the policy must contain coverage for pet damage and injuries caused by pets.
- Your Security Deposit is non-refundable after 72 hours from approval.
- Applications fees are good for 30 days. After 30 days, an additional application fee will be required.
Acceptance and Move-In Procedures
- All applicants will need to provide a valid photo ID such as a driver’s license, military ID; State provided ID or Passport. If no rental history is available, a co-signer may be required.
- If your application is approved, you will be notified ASAP. Once you are informed you there are a couple of things that will happen right away.
- First, you will be required to submit your Reservation fee to hold the property and take it off the market. Reservation fees can range between a minimum of $1,000 to 2 times the rent amount. This fee will turn into your Security Deposit upon Move In.
- Second, you will be sent a lease to sign electronically and have up to 3 days to sign.
- Third, on the day of Move-In, you will be required to bring in any outstanding monies owed (rent, prorated rent, etc.).
- Fourth, before keys be given, you will be required to have all utilities that you are responsible for (as per signed lease) and give Eagles Properties all account numbers.
- Fifth, you must submit your Renter’s Insurance Policy before your Move-In day.
- Should there be any delay on the Reservation Fee and signing of the lease, we will begin processing any other applications received and/or continue marketing/showing the property.
- All payments must be made through the tenant portal, which will be activated upon approval. The tenant portal allows you to pay with a checking account, (No Fee) or credit card. (Fee Applies).
Pets Must Apply
- Rental applicants with household pets or service/companion/assistive animals are required to submit a per pet application through a third-party pet screening vendor as part of our rental application process. A separate charge of $20 for the 1st pet and $15 for each pet thereafter is required.
- ESA (support animals) are also required to apply. There is no application fee should your animal qualify and meet the verified requirements of ESA guidelines. CLICK FOR PET APPLICATION
- The following will automatically disqualify your application.
- Evictions in the past two years (pre-COVID)
- Unpaid balances owed to landlords
- Credit score below 550
- Insufficient income,
- Unsatisfactory references
- Recent or non-discharged bankruptcies in the last 5 years
- Unqualified occupants, pets can also be a reason for decline
- Convicted Felonies
- of illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance within the last seven years
- felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage or destruction of property, for example, “arson,” within the previous seven years
- or sexually related offenses for any time period
Credit Score Requirements
- 700+ Credit portion approved can still be declined for other reasons
- 650 – 699 Credit portion approved can still be declined for other reasons
- 600 – 649 Credit portion approved, but a higher deposit may be required
- 550 – 599 Possible Denial (depends on circumstances) a higher deposit will apply
- 300 – 549 Declined
If you have reviewed our policies as well as the above guidelines and procedures and feel that you are qualified, please continue with the application process.
Eagles Properties follows all fair housing laws which prohibit discrimination based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, source of income, disability, or any other form of arbitrary discrimination.